Friday, June 22, 2007

Finished Product.



Here is the finished product. My friend wanted a 3 lb candle, with a simple brown/rustic look to it, as far as PP. I thought this worked our perfectly. She said her room decor has a bunch of wood, and rustic feel to it, so I inked the edges to give more of an antique look. I never liked the way my inked edges came out until I asked the message board over on 2peas. A girl recommended using a make-up sponge applicator and smearing it on the edges, it worked out perfectly. I also agree that the Chalk ink pads work best. :0) I hope she's happy with it. I also decorated the top with a bunch of Prima flowers. Outcome at the bottom of the page. :)

Last night I came home and I had to take a trip to the ladies room, (I'm trying to be lady like, LOL) and as I was looking down at my bathtub I noticed a baby scorpion. I FLIPPED out. My husband thought it was hilarious since we are in Texas, and that is supposed to be "Normal". Heck no that isn't normal! I called right away and the Pest Control is coming right away to spray. They informed us, there isn't much they can do, but they'll still come. They're guessing it's because of the rain, or hot weather. He said he has had a lot of calls about that lately. Ugh, if there is a baby, there is MOST likely a mommy around here somewhere, and that does not sit pretty for me.

Speaking of babies, I will have my little cousin Erica for 5 days starting this evening. She's 4 month's old, and her parents are going to Corpus for 5 days. I told her I'd watch her because she's still way too young to be out in the sun for long periods of time, and that will put a damper on their plans to go fishing and all that good stuff. Not to mention they have a 6 y/o boy that has been on the "Back Burner" so to speak ever since Erica has been born. He really hasn't, but, you know how much attention you have to give to a newborn, and it's hard since this is his first sibling. He has been very good during this entire change.

Well, I have laundry to do, and I have to dust. FUN FUN FUN! :0) So that's all for now. I also wanted to say Thank you to those who have stopped by and said Hello. I plan on visiting you'll today.

Have a wonderful weekend!
Kim

Picture of Lid:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

1 comment:

Jill said...

So a make up sponge is the trick, huh? Drat! I knew I should be wearing more makeup so I could have one of those handy!!!!!!!!!!! I'll have to buy some so I can try...and then I need to start wearing makeup too. :-) :-) Anyway, VERY pretty!!!!